Bigger Flies Better
The full-scale Viper was designed to offer fighter-jet looks and performance along with the stability of a low-wing sport airplane so more pilots could enjoy flying a jet. The E-flite® Viper 90mm EDF Jet model follows suit, both in its appearance and how it delivers the widest flight envelope possible — whether you've flown many jets before or even if it's your first large-scale jet model. We scaled up the extremely popular Viper 70mm EDF to create the first 90mm EDF powered and largest jet from E-flite® yet! This larger version delivers the same excellent speed, vertical performance and aerobatic capabilities, plus it's still easy to take off, fly and land. It's the perfect large-scale EDF choice for low-time and experienced jet pilots alike!
- The Smartest, best handling and easiest to fly large scale Viper EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- A scale jet model with incredibly smooth sport airplane handling and amazing aerobatic capability
- The best choice for a first large-scale EDF jet model because it's easy to take off, fly and land
- Functional features including LED navigation and landing lights, nose gear door and flaps
- Reliable electric retracts with shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts for grass and other field operation
- Expertly engineered and optimized ducting for incredibly efficient performance without "cheater" holes
- Fits a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000-7000mAh, or up to two 6S 3200-5000mAh batteries in parallel (or series for ARF Plus version), to deliver class-leading flight times and performance
- ARF Plus completion level version is ready for installation of your 90mm EDF unit, motor and ESC
- Eight factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages and control surfaces with pinned hinges
- Removable/replaceable winglets, plastic capped nose and intake ducts for added durability
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Two-piece wing with convenient V2 hands-free connections for easy storage and transport
- Large and convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and pilot figure
- Extremely durable, fully molded and composite-reinforced EPO airframe
- Unique and highly visible trim scheme by Aircraft Studio Design
A Unique Large-Scale Jet Experience
The E-flite® Viper 90mm EDF is the Smartest, best handling, and easiest to fly large-scale model of the popular jet yet! It's a scale jet that flies smoothly and handles like a sport airplane — yet is also capable of incredible aerobatics and top speeds! But what truly sets it apart is how easy it is to take off, fly, and land, which makes it the BEST choice for a first large-scale jet model. Assembly is fast and simple, with no glue required. The lightweight, composite-reinforced EPO airframe is factory-finished in the now iconic Aircraft Studio Design trim scheme from the popular 70mm model. And the eight factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages, plus control surfaces with pinned hinges, deliver crisp and precise control at every speed. Functional features include flaps, LED landing and navigation lights, and electric retracts with shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts on the nose and main gear so you can fly from grass and other surfaces with ease.
The BNF® Basic version includes a 12-blade 90mm fan, powerful 6S-compatible brushless inrunner motor, and a 130-amp Avian™ Smart ESC that all work together with the expertly optimized ducting to deliver an abundance of speed and thrust plus a turbine-like sound. With this power system, the Viper 90mm is capable of level flight tops speeds up to 120+ MPH and offers great vertical performance with 6S 4000mAh to 7000mAh batteries. It's also equipped with a factory-installed Spektrum™ AR637TA receiver featuring exclusive AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies. When using compatible transmitters, the receiver and Smart ESC supply battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other telemetry data in real-time — along with optional-use motor reversing to shorten rollouts after landing and for other special ground handling capabilities. An ARF Plus version is also available for pilots who prefer to install their own choice of ducted fan unit, motor and ESC. Either way, for low-time to experienced jet pilots this model delivers a large-scale EDF experience unlike any other!
ARF Plus Completion Level
The Almost-Ready-To-Fly (ARF) Plus version comes out of the box with factory-installed servos, retracts and lights that are ready to connect to the compatible receiver of your choice (sold separately), plus the transmitter and battery you provide (also sold separately). You can also install the power system of your choice, either from another similar class model, or using other compatible components (all sold separately).
Power It Your Way
The ARF Plus version is ready for you to install the power system of your choice (sold separately). You can easily install a directly compatible 90mm fan unit, motor and ESC without the need for any modifications, or you can potentially install other suitable 6S to 12S compatible power systems too.
Factory-installed LED navigation and landing lights, nose gear door and flaps are functional features that take your experience to another level.
Shock-absorbing, trailing link struts on the nose and main gear soak up the bumps of rough surfaces including grass and make it possible to fly from a wider variety of fields. The reliable electric retracts are equipped with durable metal components, and the steerable nose wheel plus wide-spaced main gear offers excellent ground handling.
The Viper design offers incredible handling across a wide speed range and flight envelope. From slower-than-expected landings and low-speed passes to 120+ MPH high-speed flybys, the airframe and power system combine to deliver unbelievable performance and aerobatic capability so you can perform giant loops, rolls, endless knife edge flight, snaps, tumbles and other maneuvers almost effortlessly.
The composite-reinforced EPO airframe is lightweight yet durable. And the eight factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages, plus control surfaces with pinned hinges, deliver crisp and precise control at every speed.
No glue is required for assembly and you can have the Viper ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The stabs plus the two-piece wing with hands-free connections bolt into place and can easily be removed for convenient storage and transport. Plus it's factory-finished in an exclusive and unique high-visibility trim scheme by Aircraft Studio Design.