The E-flite® Twin Timber 1.6m offers the same easy handling and STOL capabilities Timber models are known for – along with additional benefits, performance, and unique abilities due to its twin power setup – to make it the most capable, durable and stable Timber yet! The specially-tuned motors are compatible with popular 3S and 4S 2200–5000mAh batteries and are matched to an exclusive "dual" Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC. The BNF Basic version is also equipped with an AR637TA receiver to deliver real-time telemetry data – plus differential thrust and reversing for unique aerobatic and other capabilities – along with AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. The airframe is finished in a fresh and modern trim scheme that features functional flaps plus LED landing, navigation, and strobe lights. It also includes optional-use leading edge slats and can be flown from water using the optional floats (sold separately).
- Not just another Timber; it's the most capable, durable, stable, and unique Timber model yet
- A great first-ever twin-powered, everyday sport and STOL-capable model for a wide range of pilots
- Incredible Short Takeoff and Landing (STOL) plus sport and aerobatic flight capabilities
- 40-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Dual Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, temps, and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Differential thrust and reversing for special ground handling and aerobatic capabilities
- High-power 3S and 4S compatible outrunner motors with counter-rotating 3-blade props
- Convenient top hatch with large battery compartment to fit 3S 2200mAh to 4S 5000mAh batteries
- Spektrum AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Two-piece wing with composite wing joiner plus a custom-designed clip in the fuselage to hold the joiner when the wing is separated
- Combined connectors make installing/removing the wing easier for more convenient storage and transport
- Oversized control surfaces with double-beveled hinge lines for added control and aerobatic capabilities
- Functional flaps that can travel both ways for optional use as full-span ailerons
- Optional-use leading-edge slats for improved STOL and slow flight performance
- Extremely durable shock-absorbing landing gear and oversized wheels/tires
- Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation, and strobe lights
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Six durable, factory-installed metal-geared servos and linkages
- Optional floats with steerable rudders for flying from water (sold separately)
- Fast and easy assembly – no glue required
The E-flite® Twin Timber 1.6m is not "just another Timber with another motor" – it's the most capable, durable, stable and unique Timber yet! All the popular features from other Timber models are there: shock-absorbing landing gear with oversized, tundra-style wheels; optional-use leading edge slats; functional flaps; and an LED lighting system with landing, navigation, and strobe lights. The Twin Timber 1.6m also features a large top hatch for faster, easier battery changes. Plus, it's equipped with the strongest landing gear installed on a Timber model yet to improve the durability and STOL capability when flying from rough terrain! The more efficient twin brushless motors are 3S and 4S-compatible and are matched to an exclusive 40-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Dual Smart ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system telemetry data with Smart and non-Smart batteries via compatible receivers (including the AR637TA installed in the BNF® Basic version) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters. The BNF® Basic version is equipped with an AR637TA receiver to provide full-range, real-time telemetry data, including battery voltage, ESC temp, and more — plus differential thrust and motor reversing for special ground handling and other capabilities — along with the benefits of AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies. The larger 2-piece wing adds to the stability, and oversized control surfaces with flaps that can travel both ways offer control and capabilities like Timber X models, including optional-use full-span ailerons. Combined connectors make it easier to install and remove the wing, and there's even a custom-designed clip in the fuselage that holds the wing joiner so you don't lose it when the wing is separated. Best of all, the wing-mounted motors make it nearly impossible to break props or damage the motor and mounts if you ever nose over! They also provide fantastic clearance when flying with the optional floats also used for Timber X 1.2m and Timber 1.5m models. And it all adds up to make this a great first twin-powered, Short Take Off and Landing (STOL), everyday sport and even aggressive aerobatics capable model for a wide range of pilots!
Bind-N-Fly® Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos, and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed, so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
The Twin Timber 1.6m is equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits and automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch! And if you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, bind the receiver normally, and only AS3X will be active.
Both the PNP and BNF Basic versions are equipped with an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Dual Smart ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system-related telemetry data including battery voltage, ESC temp, and more – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – via compatible receivers (including the AR637TA installed in the BNF® Basic version) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, iX12, iX14, iX20, and others) while you fly. Plus, reversing and differential thrust offer improved ground handling for easier taxiing, takeoffs, and landings, along with the ability to perform special aerobatic maneuvers.
Versatile Gear Options
Thick grass, gravel paths, dirt trails— even local lakes and ponds—you can fly off of these and many other surfaces that are impossible for most models of this size to handle. The shock-absorbing landing gear is the strongest installed on a Timber model yet and is equipped with oversized, tundra-style wheels/tires to soak up the bumps of rough surfaces. The optional float set (sold separately) features dual water rudders for superb steering control. Whichever gear option you choose to fly with, both are easy to install and can be swapped out in minutes.
STOL (Short Takeoff and Landing) Capable
The wing design has a larger span and more area than the Timber X 1.2m and Turbo 1.5m models, plus it features drooped wingtips and can be equipped with the included optional-use leading edge slats for improved slow flight and STOL performance. These features, along with the lightweight design, oversized flaps, and high-power brushless power system, make it possible to spring into the air or float down to land in as little as a few feet or less.
Flexible Twin Power
The factory-installed twin brushless power system features a 40-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Dual Smart ESC plus specially-tuned motors that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery or more speed and unlimited vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades. Plus, the wing-mounted motors make it nearly impossible to break the counter-rotating props or damage the motors and mounts if you ever nose over!
Composite-reinforced, hollow-core construction with EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe. And the factory-installed metal-geared servos are precise, durable, and reliable.
Like most other Timber models, the Twin Timber 1.6m comes with realistic-looking LED landing, navigation, and strobe lights that are factory-installed and powered by the flight battery.
No glue is required for assembly, and because the few parts that need to be assembled easily bolt into place, the Twin Timber can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge the flight battery. The two-piece wing featuring combined servo connectors makes it easier to remove/install the wing. Plus, a custom-designed clip in the fuselage holds the wing joiner, so you don't lose it when the wing is separated!