$include('Page-Include', 'cid', 'hh-pdp-message-EFL87950-bundle-promo')$
The F-16 Fighting Falcon is one of the most recognized and successful single-engine fighters in the world. Its amazing performance and capabilities are why the world-renowned U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team chooses to operate it with distinction at airshows around the globe. The E-flite® F-16 Thunderbirds 80mm EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) is an Extra Scale model based on the single-seat F-16C variant which entered production in 1984. This replica is nearly as large as other 90mm EDF models, yet the efficient power system delivers better overall performance and longer flight times when using common 6S 4000–7000mAh batteries. The fully-painted white plus red and blue finish replicates the iconic Thunderbirds scheme in stunning fashion, while Extra Scale details and functional features — including the most scale-like landing gear installed on an F-16 EDF model yet — combine to deliver an unmatched flying experience!
- The Smartest and most detailed high-performance F-16 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team
- Fully painted white plus red and blue trim scheme with factory-applied stars and other markings
- Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines, simulated antennas, indicators, sensors and much more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED navigation and landing lights, full-flying stabs and more
- V2 12-blade 80mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible 2100Kv brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC
- 100-amp Spektrum Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, motor RPM and other data – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Optional-use thrust reversing to help shorten rollout after landing and for other special ground handling capabilities
- Fits a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000-7000mAh to deliver class-leading flight times and performance
- Spektrum™ AR8360T receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Functional, optional-use flaperons pre-programmed for proper operation with AS3X and SAFE Select
- Nine (9) factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Electric retracts with scale-like painted, articulated and shock-absorbing struts
- Sequenced, servo-operated nose and main gear doors with molded in details
- Plastic capped strakes, hatch edges and opening for added durability to prevent damage and paint chipping
- Two-piece wing with hands-free connections that bolts into place and a magnetically secured nose cone
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
- Optional simulated afterburner LED ring available separately
- Extremely durable, fully molded EPO airframe
The Smartest and Most Detailed High-Performance Thunderbirds Model Yet!
The E-flite® F-16 Thunderbirds 80mm EDF jet is the Smartest and most detailed high-performance model of the iconic airshow aircraft yet! Extra Scale details, including molded-in panel lines, simulated antennas, indicators, sensors and more, take realism to the next level. Functional Extra Scale features include LED navigation and landing lights, full-flying stabs, optional-use flaperons, sequenced gear doors plus the most scale-like retractable landing gear installed on an F-16 EDF model yet. Both versions include nine factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos, and with the ARF Plus version you can install the compatible receiver and an 80mm EDF power system of your choice — from another similar class model or using other compatible components.
The BNF® Basic version includes a V2 12-blade 80mm fan, high-power 2100Kv brushless inrunner motor, and a 100-amp Spektrum Avian™ Smart ESC to deliver fantastic performance with popular 6S 4000–7000mAh LiPo batteries – plus an incredible turbine-like sound. This efficient power system provides better performance and longer flight times than the 6S-compatible power systems used in similar-sized models powered by 90mm EDFs. It's also equipped with a factory-installed Spektrum™ AR8360T receiver featuring exclusive AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies. When using compatible transmitters, the receiver and Smart ESC supply overall battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other telemetry data in real-time – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – along with optional-use motor reversing to shorten rollouts after landing and for other special ground handling capabilities. Constructed of molded EPO with plastic-capped strakes, hatch edges and openings to prevent damage to the fully-painted white plus red and blue finish during handling and when installing/removing batteries, this F-16 assembles without glue and can be ready to fly in much less time than other similar class models!
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This high-performance F-16 Thunderbirds model is equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch to make this an easier to fly F-16! And if you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, simply bind the receiver normally and only AS3X will be active. Plus, the additional 7th and 8th channels of the factory-installed AR8360T receiver can be used for proper operation of optional simulated afterburner LED accessories and for other functions (7–8+ channel transmitter required to operate extra functions).
The exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC provides a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current draw, overall flight battery voltage and more – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – via compatible Smart receivers (including the AR8360T installed in the BNF® Basic version) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e, DX8e, DX6 G2/3, DX8 G2, DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, iX12, iX14, iX20, and others) while you fly. It will even show individual cell voltages, temperature of the flight pack and other data when using Spektrum Smart LiPo batteries. Plus, optional use thrust reversing can help shorten rollout after landing and offers other special ground handling capabilities (7+ channel transmitter required for reversing). You can even install the optional Spektrum GPS Telemetry Sensor to see speed, distance from home and other data in real-time too.
The V2 12-blade 80mm fan, high-power 2100Kv brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC combine with your 6S 4000–7000mAh 30+C LiPo battery to deliver great vertical performance and a fantastic speed range with virtually instantaneous throttle response. This efficient power system also delivers better performance and longer flight times than the 6S-compatible power systems used in 90mm class models. But what makes the experience truly rewarding is the fantastic sound it produces – it's almost like a real turbine engine!
Extra Scale Details
The F-16 Thunderbirds 80mm EDF features an accurate outline and an abundance of Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines and hatches, simulated antennas, indicators, sensors and much more.
Functional Extra Scale Features
Factory-installed LED navigation and landing lights, full-flying stabs, control surfaces with pocket hinges – even sequenced main gear and nose gear doors – are functional Extra Scale features that take your experience to another level. An optional simulated afterburner LED ring is also available separately to further enhance your experience (7+ channel transmitter required for proper simulated afterburner function).
Extra Scale Gear
The reliable, factory-installed electric retracts are equipped with durable metal components including Extra Scale painted, articulated and shock-absorbing struts. It's the most scale-like landing gear installed on an F-16 EDF model yet! The sequenced and servo-operated gear doors feature molded details on the inside, and the nose gear door is also equipped with an LED landing light that turns on and off automatically when the gear is extended or retracted.
Construction with fully molded EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex details and shapes in a lightweight yet durable form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that's easy to maintain and delivers the best possible flight experience. Plus, the plastic-capped strakes, hatch edges, and opening improve durability to prevent damage and paint chipping during handling and when installing/removing batteries.
A total of nine factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos, along with ball-link equipped linkages on all primary flight controls, deliver crisp, precise, and reliable control at every speed. Optional use flaperons are also pre-programmed for proper operation with AS3X and SAFE Select in the BNF Basic version.
No glue is required for assembly, and you can have the F-16 ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The full-flying stabs, plus the two-piece wing with hands-free connections, bolt into place and can easily be removed for convenient storage and transport.
Iconic Trim Scheme
The fully-painted white plus red and blue finish, along with factory-applied stars on the vertical tail and other markings, replicates the iconic U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds airshow scheme in stunning, Extra Scale fashion. And unlike the paint used on other similar class models, the white paint was tested with direct sunlight exposure and specially formulated so it doesn't "yellow" over time.