Cessna® Aircraft Company introduced the Model 150 in 1959 as the "world's premier trainer". That claim became fact as more than 20,000 were produced over nearly two decades, helping hundreds of thousands of new civilian pilots successfully take to the skies. After E-flite® released the original Carbon-Z® Cessna 150 2.1m, it also earned high esteem for its "mild to wild" flight capabilities — making it the perfect first giant scale or everyday fun-to-fly large-scale model for a wide range of pilots. Now E-flite has updated and upgraded the model while christening it the Carbon-Z Cessna 150T 2.1m — the "T" standing for Taildragger. This version's standard taildragger landing gear, with oversized tundra-style tires on the main gear and a steerable tailwheel, allows you to fly from a wider variety of surfaces and even off rough terrain. The 150T also includes a more reliable and capable Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC. With a compatible receiver (such as the AR637TA installed in the BNF® Basic version), it provides a variety of real-time telemetry data to keep you aware of power system status while you explore the improved capabilities in more places than ever before!
- Upgraded with Smart electronics and updated with improved capability plus flexibility to fly from a wider variety of surfaces
- Mild to wild flight envelope for slow and easy scale flying plus smooth sport to aggressive aerobatic capabilities
- Easy to take off, fly and land, making it a perfect first giant scale or everyday fun to fly model for a variety of pilots
- 60-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Optional-use motor reversing for special ground handling and other capabilities with compatible 7+ channel transmitters
- Convenient top hatch and battery compartment to fit 3200–7000mAh batteries for a wide range of performance and flight time options
- Specially-tuned motor compatible with 4S to 6S batteries without the need for modifications or upgrades
- Spektrum AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Two-piece wing with hands-free connection system and thumbscrews for quick and easy assembly/disassembly without tools
- Includes taildragger landing gear with oversized tundra-style tires and steerable tailwheel
- Optional tricycle landing gear, smaller wheels/tires and wheel pant configurations
- Install the optional float and wire mounting set to fly from ponds and lakes
- Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation and strobe lights
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Six durable, factory-installed metal-geared servos and linkages
- Functional flaps for shorter takeoffs and landings
- Factory-finished for easy final assembly
FLY IT YOUR WAY
Updated and upgraded, the E-flite® Carbon-Z® Cessna® 150T 2.1m is the Smartest, most capable, most convenient, and easiest to fly giant scale model of the civil aviation legend ever! Its factory-installed Spektrum™ Avian™ 60-amp Smart ESC and high-power brushless outrunner motor are compatible with a wide range of batteries. Install a 4S pack for slow and smooth scale flying, use a 5S battery for added power, or go with 6S for far-better-than-scale performance! Keep the weight and wing loading down with a 3200mAh battery, enjoy a great balance of performance and handling with a 5000mAh pack, or move up to 7000mAh for long, 10-15+ minute flight times. The choice is yours! The ESC is paired with an AR637TA receiver in the BNF® Basic version, giving you access to real-time telemetry data plus the benefits of AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies — and motor reversing for special ground handling and other capabilities (compatible Smart receiver and 7+ channel transmitter required for reversing).
Out of the box, the Cessna 150T 2.1m comes with taildragger landing gear and oversized tundra-style tires so you can fly from a wider variety of surfaces and rough terrain. The original's tricycle landing gear, smaller tires, wheel pants and floats are also available separately so you can choose the look and capabilities you prefer! Use the functional, and very effective, flaps for shorter takeoffs and landings. Factory-installed LED landing, navigation and strobe lights, powered from the flight battery, enhance the realism. Composite-reinforced, hollow-core EPO construction results in a lightweight yet durable airframe. Plus durable, metal-geared servos all around deliver crisp, precise control — whether you choose to fly mild or wild! The two-piece wing with thumbscrews and an exclusive hands-free servo connection system make it easy to install or remove the wings easily in a few minutes, no tools required! For all of these reasons and more, the Cessna 150T 2.1m is the perfect first giant scale or everyday large-scale model for a wide range of pilots. Best of all, you can have it out of the box and ready to fly in about the time it takes to charge a battery!
The Cessna 150T 2.1m is equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying an even larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch! And if you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, simply bind the receiver normally and only AS3X will be active.
The exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC provides a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current draw, overall flight battery voltage and more via compatible receivers (including the AR637TA installed in the BNF® Basic version) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/G3 and 8 G2, the DX9, the NX6, 8 and 10, the iX12, iX20 and others) while you fly. It will even show individual cell voltages, temperature of the flight pack and other data when using Spektrum Smart LiPo batteries. Plus, optional-use motor reversing offers special ground handling and other capabilities (compatible Smart receiver and 7+ channel transmitter required for reversing).
Versatile Power System
The factory-installed Spektrum™ Avian™ 60-amp Smart ESC and high-power brushless outrunner motor are compatible with a wide range of batteries. Install a 4S battery for slow and smooth scale flying, a 5S battery for added power, or a 6S battery to deliver far-better-than-scale vertical performance. Best of all you can install a 3200mAh battery to keep the weight and wing loading down, a 5000mAh battery for a great balance of performance and handling, or up to a 7000mAh battery to achieve long flight times up to 10-15+ minutes.
Versatile Gear Options
The Cessna 150T 2.1m has been modified to accept and includes taildragger configuration landing gear with a steerable tailwheel. The main gear is equipped with oversized, tundra-style tires to better soak up the bumps of rough surfaces and provide excellent prop clearance. Or you can move the main gear back and install the original steerable nose wheel assembly (sold separately) if you prefer a tricycle landing gear configuration. And in either configuration you can install the original version wheels/tires, with or without wheel pants, depending on the look and capabilities you prefer! You can even install optional DU-BRO skis to fly off snow, or the optional float and wire mounting set to fly from water.
LED Lights and Flaps
Like the original, the Cessna 150T 2.1m comes with realistic-looking LED landing, navigation and strobe lights that are factory-installed and powered from the flight battery. It's also equipped with functional and very effective flaps for shorter takeoffs and landings.
The two-piece wing is secured with thumbscrews so no tools are required for field assembly/disassembly, and along with the hands-free connection system, makes storage and transport as easy and convenient as possible. Best of all, you can have the Cessna 150T 2.1m ready to fly in about the time it takes to charge a battery!
Composite-reinforced, hollow-core construction with EPO material results in a lightweight yet durable airframe that offers incredible handling and performance. Plus, factory-installed metal-geared servos all around deliver crisp and precise control.
$include('Page-Include', 'cid', 'spektrum-bnf-blue-box')$